Kandon Cares™ is a charitable organization whose heart-centered mission is to ripple love, compassion, and unity throughout the world for people of all ages by creating and supporting mindful art and music education, expression, and advocacy. Through art and music we raise awareness for causes that need help.
There’s so much time and energy being poured into everything that’s perceived to be wrong with the world. The news and social media are flooded with these messages daily. If we allow those messages to have our attention or influence in our lives, we are actually being drawn into a negatively charged ripple effect — whether we are aware of it or not.
Kandon Cares is focused on sharing what’s great with the world. Kandon Cares is intent on creating and cultivating an ever expanding positive ripple effect through mindful programs that benefit people of all ages on the local, national, and global level.
We are focused on developing five main program through Kandon Cares:
1. Ripple Love Movement – Officially launching 11/18/18, Ripple Love Movement is an expansive grassroots effort of impacting change through music, art, and mindful messages.
2. Songs for Charity – Having already written and produced a song to help support children fighting cancer and their families (“We Are Champions”), a song for Intrepid Theatre Company’s Refugee Art Experience (“My Name is Divine – Jina langu ni Divine”), and a song to support MPS Society (“Heroes”), Kandon Cares founder Kathryn Cloward and her team create meaningful songs with an altruistic purpose benefiting specific charities and causes.
3. Samara Smiles – Officially launching by June 2019, Samara Smiles is a program that has been in development for three years and is foreshadowed in the Kathryn the Grape Affirmation Series book, “Kathryn the Grape’s Piece of Love.” Inspired by five year old Samara, a character in the book, the Samara Smiles Toy Boxes provide joy for children braving critical illnesses. Samara, who’s in remission from cancer, told her mom that she wanted to give toys to sick children to make them happy the same way the toys she was given when she was sick made her happy. Proceeds from “We Are Champions” help fund Samara Smiles as Kandon Cares partners with other charitable organizations and program sponsors to provide hope, love, and joy through toys, books, and music.
4. KandonFest – An annual family-friendly affordable music festival showcasing youth performers and featuring bands people of all ages appreciate and enjoy, KandonFest is poised to be a music festivals families attend year after year. Many parents desire to take their children — from toddlers to teens — to top-quality live music experiences but are often deterred by high costs and unfavorable activity that occurs at some music festivals. KandonFest is focused on creating an enjoyable music experience for everyone.
KandonFest 2018 will be held at Music Box in Diego, CA on November 18, 2018.
Kandon Awards – Recognizing individuals who are contributing to the greater good through heart-centered endeavors matters. We will be presented the Crimson Heart Kandon Award to five deserving people at KandonFest 2018.
5. Kandon’s – With an overarching desire to have a place to provide opportunities for art and music education and expression for people of all ages, Kandon’s will be an all-in-one venue with live music, drum circles, art, music and movement classes, stage shows, and more. We are actively seeking a space and aim to open Kandon’s by summer 2019.